Action in Recovery
The 28th annual Puget Sound Retreat will be held on the beautiful and tranquil Key Peninsula.
Serenity on the Sound is a retreat open to all SAA and COSA members, other S-recovery fellowships, and adult family and friends in recovery.
- Come to:
- Deepen your recovery
- Build relationships
- Drum around the bonfire
- Play outdoor games
- Canoe, nature walk and swim
- Enjoy great food
- Relax in a tranquil setting overlooking Puget Sound
- Provide service by helping with meals and other camp support
- What to bring:
- Potluck item (if attending Thursday night)
- Bedding/Sleeping bag
- Musical instruments
- Props for Talent Show
- Pens and paper
- Lodging options:
- Separate lodges for men and women
- Many permanent tents set up with beds and mattresses
- Parking spaces for campers
- Camping areas for tents
- Limited couples accommodations available
- All accommodations on first-come first-serve basis at check-in
- Thursday, August 24th
- Check-in after 4pm (no early check-in)
- Potluck dinner
- Games and Fun
- Friday to Sunday, August 25th-27th
- Talent Show (Friday eve.)
- Keynote Speaker
- High Ropes Course (Saturday) Email for more info.
- Candle Lighting Ceremony (Saturday eve.)
- Arts & Crafts
- Indoor and Outdoor Games
- Drumming Circle and Bonfire
- Meditations/Spiritual Readings
- Workshops (COSA, SAA, joint)
- Views of Mt. Rainier and Puget Sound
- Meetings (open, closed, joint)
- All meals included (see pricing packages)
- Couples Workshop/Meeting
- Closing (Sunday morning)
From Interstate 5 in Tacoma, take Exit 132 (Highway 16). Travel west (across The Narrows Bridge) for approximately 10 miles. Just past Gig Harbor, take the Purdy Key Center exit (Highway 302). Follow the exit road until you come to a traffic light. Turn left at the light and go over the bridge on to the Key Peninsula.
Once youíre on Key Peninsula Highway, stay on this road all the way to the camp - do not make any other turns. Youíll go through Key Center, then 5 miles through the towns of Home and Lakebay. Lakebay to the camp is about 6 miles. When you see a "Dead End" sign, donít worry - keep going straight. Youíre just about there.
The camp will be on the left side of the road. You can unload by the main lodge (half way down the hill) then park in the upper parking lots.
Feel free to call the camp if you have any problems finding your way at 253-884-9202.
Note: Add travel time if crossing the Tacoma Narrows Bridge from 3:30 to 6:30 on Friday evening. Also note that going home there is a $5.50 toll on the Narrows Bridge.
Registration (per person)
- 2-3 Night package (all meals and lodging)
- $150 until August 1st
- $170 after August 1st and at the door
- 1 Night package (2 days meals and 1 night lodging)
- $100 until August 1st
- $120 after August 1st and at the door
- Daily package (meals only, no lodging)
- $60 pre-paid or at the door